Thursday 6 September 2018

Counterpoint: ‘All men are trash’ is hate speech


When I woke up this morning I didn’t think I’d start my day off defending white male privilege. But there’s an “all men are trash” discussion playing out on TNW’s social media accounts, and I have some thoughts. Trigger warning: This article contains detailed commentary with examples of some of the absolutely horrifying things women are forced to put up with online. Those sensitive to discussions which include mention of topics such as rape and violence may wish to avoid reading further.  One of my colleagues at TNW recently published an article highlighting an Instagram account that displays examples of…

This story continues at The Next Web

from Social Media – The Next Web https://ift.tt/2wXArXV
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment