Monday 12 March 2018

Here’s how you access the super creepy data Facebook has on you


Since 2010, Facebook allows you to download an archive file of all your interactions with the network. It’s a 5-click easy process that your grandmother can do (more details below). Inside the .zip, lies an ‘index.html’ page that acts as a portal to your personal data. Visually, it looks like an ad-free stripped down version of Facebook that’s actually quite relaxing. As I’m trying to reduce my exposure to social networks, I decided to take a look at this info. By extrapolating the data of a single individual (me), I might be able to better apprehend the capabilities of the beast.…

This story continues at The Next Web

Or just read more coverage about: Facebook

from Social Media – The Next Web http://ift.tt/2p7hL2R
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment